Round 1 Playoff Recap:
1. Chicago vs. 8. Minnesota 1. Pittsburgh vs. 8. NYI
CHI in 5 Chi! in 5! NYI in 7 Pens in 6 -X
4. St. Louis vs. 5. L.A. Kings 4. Boston vs. 5. Toronto
LA in 6 LA! in 6! BOS in 6 Bos! in 7
2. Anahiem vs. 7. Detroit 2. Montreal vs. 7. Ottawa
ANA in 7 Det in 7-X OTT in 5 Ott! in 5!
3. Vancouver vs. 6. San Jose 3. Washington vs. 6. NYR
VAN in 6 SanJose in 4-X WAS in 6 Nyr in 7-X
Ok, So I went 3.5-8, but then again, it was all about the Isles for me this year. What a great 1st round, wrought with blowouts, close calls and unlikely results. In the west, I figured Chicago and the Kings would win as expected, but Detroit showed why they aren't dead yet and Vancouver might as well be.
In the east, Boston needed 7 to beat a promising Toronto team, while Ottawa dismissed the Canadiens in the way I figured. Washington failed to show up in game 7, and Henrik Lundqvist showed why he is one of the best in the world. My Islanders fell to Pittsburgh, but it took game 6 of O.T. to do it. I am proud of their effort and I'll be posting a season recap next week.
Stanley Cup Playoffs Conference Semifinals, Round 2 Playoff Matchups:
1. Chicago vs. 7. Detroit 1. Pittsburgh vs. 7 Ottawa
CHI in 6 Pitt in 6
5. Kings vs. 6. SanJose 4. Boston vs. 6. NYR