An independent blog on the New York Islanders, the NHL and AHL by a guy from New York.

Monday, August 1, 2011

Isles Notes in-between the Vote:

Lou Lamoriello supports the Referendum and tells all fans in Nassau County to vote yes today.

Trent Hunter is put on Waivers by the Devils after being traded for Brian Rolston.  CB says if Devils buy him out (after clearing waivers) that the Devils will save $3.7 Million in cap space.

Evgeni Nabakov says he will be at camp this summer and wants to Play in the NHL, if its with the Islanders or another team.  On why he didn’t report to the Islanders, Nabokov told Newsday’s Katie Strang, “What made me make that decision is that I hadn’t skated for a month-and-a-half when they claimed me. They were out of the playoffs, but battling to get in and, as a goalie, I know the goalie position is important when fighting for position [in the standings],” Nabokov said. “I didn’t feel that I could help them to get to the playoffs. I needed three to four weeks to get ready and the season would’ve been over.”

No comments:

Post a Comment