An independent blog on the New York Islanders, the NHL and AHL by a guy from New York.

Thursday, May 15, 2014

Tavares Is Back


Today, some great news broke for Islanders fans.  Isles Captain, John Tavares said he was 'back to normal,' after rehabbing his knee and has been cleared to resume normal activity.  Tavares missed the end of the NHL season after an injury he sustained in the Sochi Olympic Games.  He was diagnosed with a torn MCL and meniscus in his left knee.


“Everything’s pretty much back to normal,” Tavares told a Buffalo radio station.  “I was cleared last week to resume full activity, so I skated with the (OHL) London Knights as they’re preparing for the Memorial Cup for three days and three practices, and I feel really good."


“I’m just happy I’m able to put this behind me, move forward, and look toward next season."


Tavares is looking forward to starting his training program to get ready for the Islanders 2014-15 NHL season.


 

 

Isles Notes:
 

Per Arthur Staple, "Before I wade knee-deep into NYR conference finals coverage, have not heard any news on Isles and Halak other than "still talking."

As for Pokka, I believe he is on the Finns' reserve list for Worlds... Either way, understanding is Isles will make an offer on 5/25."  Pokka would need to be signed before June 1st to remain an Isles prospect.



Per Chris Botta, Barroway and Wang have a verbal agreement in principal on sale price per Isles.

UPDATE:  Andrew Barroway has lined up partners/financing for prospective $400 million Isles buy. Up to Wang now. Details here. 
 

See Eric Boulton, Calvin de Haan, Anders Lee, Matt Martin & Ryan Strome at the Isles Draft Party on Friday, June 27th @ 5:30pm. Free tickets are now available for what is most likely the "final" Isles Draft Party at the NVMC.  Get your free tickets here 


Chris Botta, "The Edmonton folks talking up Griffin Reinhart to the Oilers is all kinds of embarrassing, awkward and not-right."

 

Sound Tigers Notes:


Chris Langkow Agrees to One-Year Deal.

 

IIHF Notes:


Game 4:  Isles, Brock Nelson scores twice as Team USA falls to Latvia, 6-5.



NHL Notes:


Former Islanders fan favorite, Zenon Konopka has been suspended for 20 games for violating the terms of the NHL/NHLPA Performance Enhancing Substances Program.

Per The Hockey News:

Konopka: "I accept full responsibility for this error...I am responsible for what I put in my body, and I am to blame for this mistake."

"I ingested a product that can be purchased over-the-counter and which, unknown to me, contained a substance that violated the program."

"I want to stress, however, that I did not take this substance for the purpose of enhancing my athletic performance."

"I apologize to my teammates and to the Buffalo Sabers organization, as well as to my friends and family."

"I have learned a great deal from this experience, something I hope to be able to share with younger players."

"I will accept this suspension and continue to work hard to prepare for the 2014-15 season."



Per Ken Campbell, "An agent I spoke with today thinks salary cap for next season will be $68 million-$70 million, lower than projected $71.1 million."



No comments:

Post a Comment