An independent blog on the New York Islanders, the NHL and AHL by a guy from New York.

Monday, October 17, 2011

Me, "Henrik" and N.Y. Comic Con

So I spent four days working at New York Comic Con for Knightrealms.com in New York City.  That means I missed the 5-1 win vs the Lightning and 4-2 win vs the Rangers.  Not an easy thing to deal with.  But I was thrilled to learn how well the Isles played.
While I was at the KR booth at Comic Con getting my geek on, I noticed a hockey player walking the Convention hall.  He was clad in a full Detroit Redwings uniform with a stick and skates.  Upon looking more closely, I saw he had a red beard and visor while wearing #40.  “Zetterberg,” I said.
After a little hockey talk, MaryBeth told him and his buddy clad in an Edmonton Oilers jersey about my blog.  They were psyched to hear about it and thrilled to be at the convention spreading their propaganda about fakehenrikzetterberg.com.  They seemed to be really good guys with an original and crazy concept, so I thought I’d share the information with all of you.
I encourage everyone to check them out and support Jakob Hawkins and Greg DeLiso on their web series.  I was #500 to like em’ on Facebook.  Lets get them 500 more and make them really famous T.V. producers so they can give me a job!


About the Webseries
“Fake Henrik Zetterberg” is a classic fish out of water story about a guy who dresses in full hockey gear – all the time.
Having just relocated to New York City, Fake Henrik Zetterberg lands himself a job at Kraft Publishing, an up and coming manual publishing company.  What ensues are the hapless adventures of this misunderstood misfit as he makes friends, enemies and if he’s lucky, finds love.
The first 10 episodes premiere October 26th, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment