An independent blog on the New York Islanders, the NHL and AHL by a guy from New York.

Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Strome's ELC and Pandolfo Makes The Cut

The New York Islanders signed first round , 5th overall pick of the 2011 NHL entry draft, Ryan Strome to an Entry Level Contract today just before the 5pm deadline.  This means Strome has an opportunity to start the season as a member of the Islanders after his impressive first pro training camp.  It is quite possible he will get a 9 game look (along with Kirill Kabanov) similar to that which Nino Niederreiter got last season.  After nine games, Strome would be officially in his rookie season of his ELC.

On his chance to turn pro, Strome said, “I couldn’t be happier to have had the opportunity and privilege to sign my first contract with the New York Islanders,” He added,  “I wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. I’m very thankful.”
 “I thought getting drafted was one of the best feelings ever and this is right up there,” Strome said. “I couldn’t be happier to be with the Islanders. There is such a bright future here and I’m excited with the trust they’ve given to me. I’m not going to let them down.”
On Twitter, Strome had more good things to say.
@strome18 Ryan Strome
Thanks everyone for the support and kind words! I am very excited about officially being a NY Islander




The Islanders signed camp invitee and veteran Jay Pandolfo signed to a one year deal reported to be near vet minimum of $570K per Newsday’s Arthur Staple.  On playing with the Islanders, Pandolfo said, “I think these guys played really well at the end of last year and now are a year older, with more experience,” He added, “They really saw what it takes to win in the last half of the year. I think that’s going to help starting this season off right.”


No comments:

Post a Comment