An independent blog on the New York Islanders, the NHL and AHL by a guy from New York.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

J.T. and the Gremlin in NYC

John Tavares and Michael Grabner were spotted at the NHL store located on 47th & 6th 1185 Avenue of the Americas while taking part in a 2011 Players’ media tour today.  Tavares spoke to various hockey media about his love of Long Island and the pride he has in being an Islander.  “I have no plans on leaving,” Tavares said.  “I'm committed to Long Island."  (Pierre LeBrun)

John Tavares spoke with NHL.com’s Brian Compton about the Captaincy on Long Island.  "I'd love to be (captain)," Tavares said Thursday morning. "I definitely understand maybe I am still too young and just need to worry about the game, but if it was presented to me, it definitely would be something I would talk about and make sure it's the right decision for the group and for myself as well. I'd love to be a leader of this team."

"Mark Streit and Kyle are great guys and are going to be highly recommended, for sure. But I still feel I'll be a big leader no matter what, and I'll still have a lot of responsibility in a lot of ways. Whatever way it goes, it's going to be a guy that definitely deserves it and will do a great job at it. If I get the opportunity, it would be a huge honor."
Michael Grabner was victorious in a competition with J.T. that included salesmanship and retail skills within the NHL store.


Isles Notes:
Islanders to induct Ed Westfall, Ken Morrow, Pat Flatley, and Kenny Jonsson into the team Hall of Fame as part 40th anniversary season celebration.
Nabokov “excited” to be at Islanders camp.
Per Dee Karl, Brian McCabe was invited to the Islanders 2011 training camp.
Richard Park has signed a one year, two way deal with the Pittsburg Penguins.

No comments:

Post a Comment